[11:14 AM] Niki Stavrou
Nikos Stathopoulos holds a degree in Economics from Northeastern Illinois University – USA (1981) and an MBA from Roosevelt University – USA (1985). He has a wide range of project development, project management, project evaluation, and public relations as well as networking experience in Cyprus, the EU and the United States of America. He has managed complex projects in the field of human resources development, social protection, social inclusion, gender equality and has significant experience in the development and execution of strategies for the integration of immigrants and refugees. In March 2023 he joined RTD Talos Development Organization, in the position of Director of the Department of Public Sector Projects.
Public bodies he has worked with in Cyprus include:
- Department of Labour, as coordinator of Technical Assistance Unit for periods 2006-2008 and 2012-2015
- Ministry of Education and Culture as coordinator of the Technical Assistance Unit 2011-2015
- Department of Labour Relations, conducted studies and evaluations to eliminate pay-gap and job segregation based on gender 2009-2015
- Cyprus Productivity Centre conducted studies and evaluations for training needs analysis following the 2010 economic slowdown, an evaluation for the New Apprenticeship programme, 2015 and an evaluation of the flexible forms of employment 2016
- Municipality of Nicosia, conducted the Strategic Planning for Social Policy for the programme period 2014-2020 and the period 2021 – 2027.
- Municipality of Nicosia and other municipalities developed programmes for migrant social inclusion in the local communities 2012 -2022
- Cyprus Tourism Organization managed 6 Interreg Programmes and two Destinations of Excellence 2007 – 2009
- Developed and pilot tested Strategies for Prevention and Handling Sexual Harassment Incidents at the workplace in collaboration with Cyprus Academy of Public Administration and other European Organizations and Universities 2019 – 2022.